creating an archive file

creating an archive file (May 13, 2009 12:22AM) mr chop
This may seem like a stupid question but Ive never done it so Im going to ask.

If I have filmed a project in HDV 1080 50i (sony z1e) captured it in HDV had the render settings to proress 422 at the end of the project and I want to make a digital master file do I do the following?

File>export>quicktime movie

Then select
Setting profess 422 1080x1920 50i 48KHz
And check recompress movie and make self contained?

If I wanted to make a deinterlaced version would can I just select the 25p proress 422 codec or do I need to do this in compresser?

thanks for any help or advise
Re: creating an archive file (May 13, 2009 01:11AM) mwjace
No if your sequence setting are set to apple pro res 422 already don't recompress all frames.

Just make sure you render your entire project before you export
just do a file-> export-> quick time movie make sure recompress is unchecked and self contained is checked.

If your sequence setting aren't set to apple pro res 422 then

Export-> quick time converstion-> change the the settings to apple pro res 422 and leave the filter and size setting alone.
no need to render it will render as it transcodes

If you want a deinterlanced version you must apply the deinterlance filter, you could do this in the export-> quicktime converstion under the filters tab ( not sure how well it works) or apply it to your sequnced footage before you export.

25p is for european broadcast, and unless that is where your footage is headed don't do it.
-Mike
Re: creating an archive file (May 13, 2009 02:23AM) mr chop
in the render control tab I’ve changed it form the same as codec sequence to proress 422 so do I need to just export it or do I need to do quick time conversion?.

thanks for your help
Re: creating an archive file (May 13, 2009 02:24AM) mr chop
forgot to add yes its filmed in the uk at 50i so if I do deinterlace it would be to 25p
Re: creating an archive file (May 13, 2009 03:46PM) mwjace
mr chop Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> in the render control tab I’ve changed it form
> the same as codec sequence to proress 422 so do I
> need to just export it or do I need to do quick
> time conversion?.
>
> thanks for your help

Not sure i will check on that.
Re: creating an archive file (May 15, 2009 08:23AM) cosioshi
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login