Re: Can <Cmd Shift 4> saves screen shot to a folder on desktop

Can <Cmd Shift 4> saves screen shot to a folder on desktop (August 29, 2009 07:23AM) Trig Simon
Hi Ken,

Well, that is my question. Can I direct screen shots using <Cmd Shift 4> to different folders as I go or in a preference set-up?

Or, better yet, can I use inside FCP <Shift N> make a freeze frame that will include the time code generator in the picture. The TCG is in the canvas, but if I make a freeze frame, the TCG doesn't show. So, that is why I am using a screen shot, which takes a lot longer.

Thanks,
Trig

Re: Can <Cmd Shift 4> saves screen shot to a folder on desktop (August 29, 2009 07:29AM) Ken Stone Admin
Hi Trig,

As far as I know, Command Shift 4 will always go to the desktop. You can drag them anywhere from there.

--ken
Re: Can <Cmd Shift 4> saves screen shot to a folder on desktop (August 29, 2009 07:30AM) Trig Simon
You answered before I revised my question, so can you take a look at the second part of the question:

<Or, better yet, can I use inside FCP <Shift N> make a freeze frame that will include the time code generator in the picture. The TCG is in the canvas, but if I make a freeze frame, the TCG doesn't show. So, that is why I am using a screen shot, which takes a lot longer.>
Re: Can <Cmd Shift 4> saves screen shot to a folder on desktop (August 29, 2009 07:46AM) Ken Stone Admin
I tested here and it does work when making a Freeze frame. Are you sure that you are making the Canvas active when you Shift N?

--ken
Re: Can <Cmd Shift 4> saves screen shot to a folder on desktop (August 29, 2009 07:48AM) Ken Stone Admin
Don't forget that a Freeze frame loads into the Viewer window, it's not an export.

To export, make the Canvas active and then File > Export > Format > Still Image > Option > TIFF

--ken
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login