Snow Leopard Spells TROUBLE for SxS Users with Express 34

Snow Leopard Spells TROUBLE for SxS Users with Express 34 (August 29, 2009 10:01AM) Rick Young
Re: Snow Leopard Spells TROUBLE for SxS Users with Express 34 (August 29, 2009 10:43AM) Ken Stone Admin
Hi Rick,

Thanks for the heads up, no joy.

--ken
Re: Snow Leopard Spells TROUBLE for SxS Users with Express 34 (August 29, 2009 11:38AM) Craig Seeman
This has been widely reported and Sony has responded saying they may not have drivers until this fall or next spring!
So I guess there's now no reason to even wish for Apple to put back the Express slots (I know there are other uses of course) in the 15" MacBookPro.

All the more reason to move to SDHC (except they can't handle EX overcrank). It sure looks like Sony is doing a good job of killing off SxS.

I'll add that many people were waiting for more than a year until finally released the drivers for the PDWU1 so they could burn EX to XDCAM disc . . . and that driver doesn't work in Snow Leopard either. It sure looks like Sony is killing Mac support.
Re: Snow Leopard Spells TROUBLE for SxS Users with Express 34 (August 29, 2009 01:01PM) Graeme Herwig
Thanks Rick for the important info

Graeme Herwig
Re: Snow Leopard Spells TROUBLE for SxS Users with Express 34 (August 29, 2009 01:40PM) Craig Seeman
This is apparently the Sony statement they've been sending on those who inquire. Imagine those who updated to 10.6 assuming Sony would be on top of keeping their drivers up to date.
______

Sony support has advised that unfortunately Snow Leopard is not currently supported by the current versions of XDCAM related software's from Sony.

Since this is a very recent release from Apple that involves significant change to the Mac OS it may take several months, perhaps winter or spring for full Snow Leopard support from Sony. The exact schedule is still TBD.

It is therefore recommended to continue using the most recent release of Leopard to maintain smooth operation of the XDCAM software within the Mac environment.

For your reference the latest Sony software release versions are as below:

As of August 26th 2009

PDW-U1 v 2.420

PDW-U1 Utility for PC or Mac v 2.21

FAM Driver 2.20 comes with the PDZ-1 software or XDT for Mac

PDZ-1 v 2.60

XDCAM Viewer 2.30 PC only separate from PDZ-1

XDCAM TRANSFER for FCP v 2.10.0

EX Browser 2.5.1

Thanks for your continued support of XDCAM!
Re: Snow Leopard Spells TROUBLE for SxS Users with Express 34 (August 29, 2009 05:32PM) rpestes
Boy, I am glad I read this! I was all set to upgrade but now I won't. I use SXS all the time so if it does not work I would be in big trouble. Thanks for the warning
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login