SXS Media Storage

SXS Media Storage (October 30, 2009 04:12AM) SAD
I was wondering if anyone can discuss "real world" experience managing SXS media. I will start working tapeless in the next month or so and am going back and forth between adding another external hard drive or going with a Blu-ray system

I am leaning toward buying a Blu ray system because it keeps it in HD, it's something "tangible" and I would have the ability to give a client a Blu-ray disc if they so choose.

But---I am sooo open to suggestions.

Thoughts anyone?

I have a MacPro Desktop and FCP 7

Thanks,

Sharon
Re: SXS Media Storage (October 30, 2009 06:21AM) rpestes
I keep mine on an external hard drive. They are cheap and you can re-edit again if need be without loading back from BluRay. I save my FCP project file with each seperate project so it is easy to find. All footage and project file is in the same folder so it is kept together. I work with SXS from an EX-3 and have had no probelms so far.
Re: SXS Media Storage (October 30, 2009 07:46AM) SAD
Thanks! I went back and forth on the EX3 and EX1R but in the end went with the EX1R. I won't get my hands on the camera until December but wanted to figure out edit and storage workflow before.

There is a lot of talk about which is the best external hard drive. I--knock on wood--haven't had a lot of issues with LaCie...but have heard horror stories about them. What kind of HD to you use?
Re: SXS Media Storage (October 30, 2009 09:10AM) rpestes
I am using two LaCie 1TB d2 Quadra external drives and have had zero problems with them. The thing I like about them is you can daisy chain them together so you have access to both through just one firewire 800 cable. I also use their portable 500 gig Rugged drive for travel as it is powered by the firewire cable. Everything is run from a MacBook Pro and FCS 3. No problems for almost a year now. Also checkout the EX forum at Creativecow.com for your Camera questions.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login