Re: FCP 7 - Unable to initialise capture device

FCP 7 - Unable to initialise capture device (January 11, 2010 11:45PM) Bro
Re: FCP 7 - Unable to initialise capture device (January 11, 2010 11:56PM) David Harbsmeier
First check to make sure the Sony VTR is showing up in System Profiler. If it isn't, try another Firewire cable. If it is, try trashing FCP preferences. Also make sure the SONY VTR is in the proper EE mode.

-DH

Re: FCP 7 - Unable to initialise capture device (January 12, 2010 12:37AM) Bro
Thanks for quick response.

The deck is shown in system profiler, so I trashed prefs (I tried refresh AV devices first).

When opening FCP it requested the settings to use, so I chose DV-PAL Anamorphic, and continued.

A warning popped up (this is during the boot-up of FCP) Unable to open the specified Video Output Device - It may be in use by another application, incorrectly connected or maybe conflicting with a sound input device......

Once FCP open same issue with capture.

I can try my Z1 to rule out the deck being at fault however as the deck was working fine before the install I suspect it's a software conflict.......
Re: FCP 7 - Unable to initialise capture device (January 12, 2010 12:44AM) ronny courtens
Try connecting the Z1 and see if it works. If it does, switch the FireWire cable to the DSR45 and try again.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: FCP 7 - Unable to initialise capture device (January 12, 2010 01:20AM) Bro
Fixed!

I connected the firewire to the Z1 and checked the system profiler, which still read DSR45. So I shut the whole machine and booted with the Z1 attached, checked system profiler and it showed the camera and FCP Capture worked.

I switched the cable back to the Dsr45 and all still working.

Many thanks for helping me with this.

Bro
Re: FCP 7 - Unable to initialise capture device (January 12, 2010 12:05AM) ronny courtens
If the VTR show up in System profiler but the device shows as "missing" in FCP, one more thing you can try is View > Refresh AV devices (ALT+12).

Best wishes,

Ronny
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login