Unable to locate the following external device

Unable to locate the following external device (January 25, 2010 05:11PM) Raj
Re: Unable to locate the following external device (January 26, 2010 05:27AM) Ken Stone Admin
HI Raj,

As far as I know, FCP 5.0.4 can not capture HDV video. Check in the camera menu and see if there is a down convert to DV-NTSC option. FCP might be able to work with this.

Anyone????

--ken
Re: Unable to locate the following external device (January 26, 2010 06:57AM) Raj
Hi Ken,

Well, you are not going to believe it, but I was able to capture a video from this camera last week (only once)....and I did not change any settings in the FCP nor in the camera, but now for some reason it just doesn't work.

I have made sure that the firewire is seeing the camera under "Firewire Info".

If I connect my Hi8 camera, there are no problems.

Can you please advise me if I can use IMovie to capture a video and then later open it in FCP?

Also, as you suggested I shall check the camera menu and see if it has an option to select DV-NTSC

Thanks Always,
Raj
Re: Unable to locate the following external device (January 26, 2010 07:45AM) Ken Stone Admin
Hi Raj,

iMovie seems to be able to ingest all most anything, it will capture HDV and transcode it to AIC (Apple Imtermediate Codec), which runs great in FCP.

--ken
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login