10 - bit

10 - bit (July 29, 2008 09:38PM) stefanos
Hi!Can i use uncompressed10-bit 4:2:2 at QT video settings in the sequence settings window for a dv-pal 4:3 project or no?
Thanks a lot ,
Stephanos
Re: 10 - bit (July 29, 2008 10:05PM) ronny courtens
Hi Stephanos,

Yes you can use Uncompressed 10-bit sequence settings to edit DV footage. But this is not always a good thing to do.

If you only have DV footage on your timeline and your final output is DV or DVD there is absolutely no advantage in using an Uncompressed sequence setting.

So can you give us a hint as to why you want to use an Uncompressed codec to edit DV footage ?

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: 10 - bit (July 29, 2008 10:39PM) stefanos
There is no a serious way, just that i have seen this choice in a video tutorial as a good setting for best quality.The project in the tutorial was ntcs and the final outut was dvd.I hope that i understood exactly what the instructor was telling,
thanks again,
Stephanos
Re: 10 - bit (July 29, 2008 11:57PM) ronny courtens
If your final output is DVD you can choose to edit in DV and export an Uncompressed QT movie which you then can send to Compressor or DVDSP for encoding. This will give you a better quality encoding for your DVD if you have used hi-res graphics and titles in your project, or if your project also contains video that has a better quality than DV. Your DV footage will not be encoded any better, though.

These are some circumstances in which you could choose to export an Uncompressed QT movie instead of a DV QT movie from a DV PAL timeline:

1. Besides your DV footage, you also have higher quality footage in your timeline (e.g. Digibeta, Beta SX or DVCPRO 55...)
2. You are using high quality titles, graphics or animations in your project.
3. Your final delivery format is Digibeta, Beta SX or DVCPRO50

Best wishes,

Ronny
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login