Re: Adding and subtracting Time Code

Adding and subtracting Time Code (February 21, 2010 10:46AM) skyking95
What is the best way to Add and/or subtract time code?? In other words, I have a spot to take out and add in and I need to know exactly how much time to fill in.

Thanks!!

James
Re: Adding and subtracting Time Code (February 21, 2010 11:22AM) David Harbsmeier
Re: Adding and subtracting Time Code (February 21, 2010 11:24AM) steve douglas
James,
It sounds to me more an issue of clip duration that it does time code. If I am correct and you just want to know the exact duration of a clip so as to replace it with another of the same duration, you have a few choices. You can double click the clip to bring it up into the viewer and read the duration there or you can right click the clip and the duration will be listed there as well. If there is no clip, but only a gap, you can right click on the gap and it will ask whether to close the gap or fill it with a slug. If you choose the slug, fine, just right click on that and it will also tell you the exact duration.
Then all you need to do is set the exact duration of the new clip and drop it in.

Another method is to set an in point for the new clip and drag into the overwrite menu in the canvas.
Steve
Re: Adding and subtracting Time Code (February 21, 2010 11:40AM) skyking95
Thanks to both of you. Steve, you are right. I am just interested in replacing a part of footage in a clip. I just need to know how much exact time to add.

Thanks again for the info!!

James
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login