Pro App Update is available.

Pro App Update is available. (March 24, 2010 03:04PM) Ken Stone Admin
Pro Applications Update 2010-01 improves overall stability and addresses a number of other minor issues. This update is recommended for all users of Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Server, and Logic Studio.

Issues addressed in this update include the following.

Final Cut Pro
• Fixes an issue with clip duration when removing reverse speed.
• Fixes an issue with the Log and Capture window that could prevent the window from closing.
• Fixes an issue with HDV to Apple ProRes capture via FireWire creating a QuickTime movie with no extension in the Finder.

Cinema Tools
• Fixes an issue with importing telecine logs.

Motion
• Fixes stability issues when using Motion on computers with limited graphics or system memory.
• Addresses issues with filters returning rendered results at lower quality.
• Fixes an issue with the Checkerboard generator rendering incorrectly in 3D.
• Corrects an image corruption problem when rendering complex projects in 32-bit float after applying a motion blur.
• Fixes issues with aspect ratios of shapes in projects created by choosing File > Import as Project.
• Improves the rendering precision of intersecting objects in some 3D scenes.

Compressor
• Corrects disk size limitation messages when burning a project to an AVCHD dual-layer disc.
• Fixes issues with long chapter names and titles not appearing correctly in disc templates.
• Fixes issues when inserting a DVD-R or BD-RE disc with data already present.
• Addresses issues with saving and changing music channels and video using surround sound.
• Corrects color shift when transcoding image sequences.
• Fixes an issue with WAV audio files when transcoding an image sequence.
• Addresses an issue with upload to MobileMe with files containing reserved characters.
• Corrects a problem when burning a Blu-ray or DVD disc from a Final Cut Pro sequence with 5.1 surround sound.
• Fixes an issue with display of password-protected movies on iPhone.
• Addresses a pixel aspect ratio compatibility issue.
• Improves stability when processing large batches.

Color
• Fixes an issue with CFX nodes not being imported when choosing File > Import > Color Corrections.
• Addresses several problems with the loading and processing of trackers.
• Fixes an issue with the green channel on video scopes displaying an incorrect value.

For more detailed information about the changes in an application, choose Release Notes from the application’s Help menu.
Re: Pro App Update is available. (March 24, 2010 04:57PM) Joe Redifer
Too bad they didn't seem to fix the render issue that I detailed in a previous post.

Also I notice that it says:

---Corrects a problem when burning a Blu-ray or DVD disc from a Final Cut Pro sequence with 5.1 surround sound. ---

It is impossible to create a Blu-ray on a Mac with 5.1 sound. Well, maybe if you used Encore, but it cannot be done with Final Cut Studio to my knowledge, only DVDs with 5.1 are permitted.
Re: Pro App Update is available. (March 25, 2010 09:39AM) steve douglas
I'm wondering if this is what messed with my universal access in system prefs.
Steve
Re: Pro App Update is available. (March 25, 2010 10:36AM) Ken Stone Admin
Should not have, but who knows.

--ken
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login