Re: FCP Error "out of memory"

FCP Error "out of memory" (April 23, 2010 10:04PM) gscq
hey folks'

im trying to edit a timelapse piece i shot (canon 7d) i used streamclip to compress the video only clips to prores LT (i believe)
and now fcp refuses to open the sequence ive cut together and gives the error message

what am i doing wrong here

please help
Re: FCP Error "out of memory" (April 24, 2010 06:42AM) Ken Stone Admin
Do you have 'autosave vault' turned on, can you go back and try to open an earlier version of your project?

Open one of the converted 5D clips in QT and then open the 'Movie Inspector'. What information is listed, please post?

--ken
Re: FCP Error "out of memory" (April 24, 2010 11:27AM) gscq
format apple pro res 422 hq 720x480
fps 24
playing fps (available while playing)
data size 32.02mb
data rate 49.58mb
tried auto save and only one that opened was one far back that didnt have much edits done
Re: FCP Error "out of memory" (April 24, 2010 12:18PM) Ken Stone Admin
Re: FCP Error "out of memory" (April 25, 2010 11:52AM) gscq
yeah that is expensive...i dont mind deleting the sequence and starting from scratch if i know what went wrong so as not to repeat...is fcp incompatible with proress codecs or something
Re: FCP Error "out of memory" (April 25, 2010 12:21PM) Ken Stone Admin
FCP works very well with ProRes.

As you started off with 7D video, it is possible that it was not converted properly in the transcode to ProRes.

I have converted a lot of Canon DSLR video to ProRes and never had a problem, but then again, I used Compressor and not MPEG Streamclip.

--ken
Re: FCP Error "out of memory" (April 25, 2010 01:01PM) gscq
could you tell me your workflow... (i have 7d but i assume it follows the same principle)

thanks a lot
Re: FCP Error "out of memory" (April 25, 2010 01:38PM) Ken Stone Admin
Re: FCP Error "out of memory" (April 26, 2010 11:05AM) gscq
thanks a lot
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login