Re: IDVD Multiplexing error?

IDVD Multiplexing error? (August 11, 2008 11:18PM) gijacklin
I've used IDVD a million times and on occasion have had this problem but been so long not sure what's happening. I drag the final cut FCP movie to the menu and in this case it's just an experimental DVD so no music or pics added. I notice it warns me that I have left some drop zones open which means they will just be grey in final product. It takes the 4 hours to render or what ever it does and right before it starts burning it shuts down and says multiplexing error? Any ideas?
Re: IDVD Multiplexing error? (August 12, 2008 02:11AM) gijacklin
Now I'm really going nuts!! With no answers from why IDVD wasn't working I had to go to DVD SP and it's giving me formatting failed in the build and burn process!!!!!!! The first time it stopped because apparently I hadn't pointed to the right drive to save it to. This time it just said it failed.

What am I doing wrong?!!! I take the final cut pro qt and drag it to both idvd and dvd sp and do all the usual things to get it set for burning. Never have problems like this and far as I know nothing in my system has changed. Help!
Re: IDVD Multiplexing error? (August 12, 2008 02:59AM) ronny courtens
First check if you have enough drive space left on your Boot Drive. Both iDVD and DVDSP need at least 5 GB to store the intermediate files for your burn. So the drive space you need is: at least 10% of its total capaciy + 5 GB.

If this is not the problem, then the most probable cause is in your QT video file, as it doesn't work either in iDVD or in DVDSP. Please provide this information:

- What is the format of your QT movie ?
- Is it self-contained ?

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: IDVD Multiplexing error? (August 12, 2008 02:57AM) Tom George
Try trashing your iDVD and DVDSP preferences.

Tom
Re: IDVD Multiplexing error? (August 12, 2008 03:48AM) gijacklin
To trash idvd and dvdsp preferences work same as trashing fcp prefs?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login