Atmos Ninja

nanoflash (November 07, 2010 01:14AM) peter rooney
Hi Ken, I've been looking at this, it's nearly $3000-00 !!!! YIKES, that's before you buy the cards and the adaptable battery.
God knows what it costs on my side of the pond. Using high bit rate options you get about an hour on the 128gb cards, all in all it's the cost of another camera ! Groan, and it looks so tempting.
Peter
Re: nanoflash (November 07, 2010 01:52AM) peter rooney
I also downloaded a sample qt, .MOV file from convergent design and I can't play it with anything? HHMM
Re: nanoflash (November 07, 2010 04:28AM) Ken Stone Admin
Re: nanoflash (November 07, 2010 09:51PM) peter rooney
That was the best product promotion I've seen for years, good questions and crystal clear answers. This looks more like it, does exactly what you need and uses cheap off the shelf HDs and it's a reasonable price. AND I'VE GOT HDMI OUT on my camera, happy days. Time to squeeze the christmas budget a little.
Thanks ken
Re: nanoflash (November 08, 2010 04:58AM) Ken Stone Admin
I just heard from Rick and he says that he will be getting the Ninja in a few weeks. Knowing Rick, he'll give it a good test.

I will report back here as soon as I hear anything.

--ken
Re: nanoflash (November 07, 2010 06:59AM) jlcinc
It had to come soon. Storage is so cheap and this looks like a great device and at a reasonable price and Peter is is on your side of the pond.

John
Re: nanoflash (November 07, 2010 07:07AM) Ken Stone Admin
I'm hoping that Rick Young will be able to get a Ninja and test it out. Right now the Ninja is HDMI only but they will be coming out with a SDI HQ version.

To be able to shoot a HDV or AVCHD camera but to record as ProRes woulod be huge.

--ken
Re: nanoflash (November 07, 2010 08:27AM) steve douglas
Really interesting product. I wonder if you could use a firewire out to HDMI in cable with it for those HDV and AVCHD cams that don't have an HDMI out.
Steve
Re: nanoflash (November 07, 2010 08:33AM) Ken Stone Admin
Hi Steve,

Don't know. Guess we'll have to wait for Rick's report.

--ken
Re: nanoflash (November 07, 2010 03:42PM) rpestes
You should also check out the KiPro Mini. It has SDI inputs too and records to compact flash cards eliminating the hard drive drop frame problem I have seen with the full size KiPro. It does all the versions of ProRes too. Price is $1995.
Re: nanoflash (November 07, 2010 04:34PM) Ken Stone Admin
Lots of good stuff coming out.

Long live ProRes

--ken

Atmos Ninja (November 08, 2010 10:52AM) Ken Stone Admin
Re: Atmos Ninja (November 08, 2010 11:21AM) Ken Stone Admin
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login