DVD skipping after DVD Studio Pro

DVD skipping after DVD Studio Pro (November 19, 2010 07:23AM) 1jja
DVD Studio Pro 4

Mac OS X
V 10.4.11
Processor 4 x 2.5 ghz PowerPC G%
Memory 8 GB DDR2 SDRAM

I made a DVD on a DVD-R. One track (120 min or so long) compressed through Compressor at 120 min "Best". It has one menu with a Jpeg image and a play button. There are 30 chapter markers created in DVD Studio Pro

It pretty much filled the DVD to the brim. about 4.6 or so GB

It works fine on my home DVD player. But I gave it to someone else and it keeps getting stuck about half way through on his (how he puts it) B&O DVD Player. I don't know if the make makes a difference. Is there a way to produce a DVD on a DVD-R so that it would work on all DVD's without a hitch. Or is there a setting that I should consider when Formating.

Thank you in advance

Jon
Re: DVD skipping after DVD Studio Pro (November 19, 2010 11:16AM) David Harbsmeier
>>Is there a way to produce a DVD on a DVD-R so that it would work on all DVD's without a hitch<<

No, but you can come close.

First make sure that the audio was encoded as an ac3 file - not as an AIFF file. Next, only use known high quality media ... stay away from low/no quality brands like Memorex. And finally, make sure your data rate is reasonable for the duration of your video.

-DH
Re: DVD skipping after DVD Studio Pro (November 20, 2010 02:43AM) jrosson
David,
Aside from space, what is the advantage of using AC3 vs. AIFF?
Thank you,
JR
Re: DVD skipping after DVD Studio Pro (November 20, 2010 04:49AM) David Harbsmeier
Space is only one of the two main advantages; data rate is the other. MP3 files usually have a much, much lower data rate demand than AIFF. Those high data rate demands of AIFF have been known to make some DVD players shutter or choke.

Other advantages includes the ability to include 5.1 (or other) audio.

-DH
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login