QuickTime Pro Res on Windows7

QuickTime Pro Res on Windows7 (May 15, 2011 12:08AM) dkantor606
I'm trying to do some collaborative work with a filmmaker who is sending me P2 files from an HVX camera which have been converted by Pro Res into .mov files. When I try to play back these files in a Win7 system (Win7 Ultimate, 64-bit, w/24G of RAM) in Quick Time Pro which has the Pro Res codec, I only get the audio. If I drop these files into Vegas Pro 10 I get two tracks of audio and two empty tracks of video. AVI files similarly processed from the HVX work fine in both QuickTime and Vegas on the Win7 system.

Any advice, other than switching to FCP :>) would be appreciated.

dkantor606

Re: QuickTime Pro Res on Windows7 (May 15, 2011 05:05AM) Ken Stone Admin
I know that there is a free ProRes Windows player for download at the Apple web site but I don't know if this will help with Vegas Pro.

--ken
Re: QuickTime Pro Res on Windows7 (May 15, 2011 05:53AM) dkantor606
Thanks for the response, Ken. I could not find a ProRes Windows player anywhere on the web, only a ProRes codec for QuickTime Pro 7 which, when I try to install it, my system says I've got a more recent version already installed in my QuickTime player. I can play back the audio but not the video. I'll try digging in a little deeper.
Re: QuickTime Pro Res on Windows7 (May 15, 2011 07:52AM) David Harbsmeier
Re: QuickTime Pro Res on Windows7 (May 15, 2011 07:56AM) Ken Stone Admin
David,

Thanks for the link. I have bookmarked it.

--ken
Re: QuickTime Pro Res on Windows7 (May 16, 2011 01:06AM) dkantor606
Thank you, David; but again -- this is only a decoder that works in Quick Time. I've downloaded this and the problem remains -- I can play back the audio but not the video.
Re: QuickTime Pro Res on Windows7 (May 16, 2011 02:32AM) David Harbsmeier
Are you saying that they video won't play properly in QuickTime Player on a Windows system once the decoder has been installed? If it does play properly in QuickTime, then you'd need to use QT Pro (Windows) to convert to the codec needed for your chosen NLE.

-DH
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login