Getting back deleted audio from clips on timeline

Getting back deleted audio from clips on timeline (August 14, 2011 05:38AM) New again
I have many (video/with audio) clips in my sequence on the timeline and it was of natural audio from footage shot at brides house. I deleted most of the audio from the timeline and now I would like to get those audio tracks back so I can more carefully discern if there are any natural audio gems there... is there an easy way to do that?
Re: Getting back deleted audio from clips on timeline (August 14, 2011 06:42AM) David Harbsmeier
Using any pre-X version of FCP, place the Timeline playhead over the video clip to which you wish to restore the audio. Hit the f key. The video clip, along with it's original audio will be loaded into the Viewer window, complete with thew IN and OUT points you set for the clip. Set the patch bay to only allow audio on the tracks you want, then edit the audio into the Timeline

-DH
Re: Getting back deleted audio from clips on timeline (August 14, 2011 07:53AM) ronny courtens
In FCPX:

Select the clip, press SHIFT+F, then SHIFT+R

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: Getting back deleted audio from clips on timeline (August 15, 2011 04:38PM) New again
I selected the clip in the timeline and I he'd down the shift key and the f key.... nothing happened at all. I held down the shift key and hit the f and then the r.... nothing. What am I doing wrong?
Re: Getting back deleted audio from clips on timeline (August 15, 2011 04:50PM) ronny courtens
In normal FCP: don't hold down the shift key, just press f.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: Getting back deleted audio from clips on timeline (August 16, 2011 04:48AM) New again
I must be out of my mind. The clips that are on the timeline that I deleted the audio I want the audio to return to some of the clips right on the timeline, as they were before I deleted them. So as of the last response from you I did the following: I selected a clip and I hit the f key... no audio track appeared at all under the clip, nothing happened. Am I missing something?
Re: Getting back deleted audio from clips on timeline (August 17, 2011 06:25AM) ronny courtens
Put your playhead at the start of a clip in the timeline, then press the f key. The clip should now open in the viewer.

Then you press F10 to edit the audio back under the video clip in the timeline.

Just make sure before you do this that only the audio tracks are active in the timeline. Otherwise you will also put the original video back on top of the clip in the timeline and you will lose any filters you have applied to the clip.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: Getting back deleted audio from clips on timeline (August 17, 2011 11:25AM) New again
I am embarrassed to ask this, but how do I active and inactive tracks on the timeline? The green lights to the left of the track number on the timeline?
Re: Getting back deleted audio from clips on timeline (August 18, 2011 03:15AM) David Harbsmeier
Haven't looked through the manual yet, I see.

To the left of the Timeline you'll see a patch bay section that controls which tracks are targeted. When the connectors are connected, that track is targeted. When they're disconnected, they are not targeted.

-DH
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login