Re: Lion and iDVD

Lion and iDVD (November 22, 2011 07:07AM) SAD
Hello all..

I had to author a dvd with a menu on the fly and so I imported a QT movie in iDVD and made my DVD. I tested it on a DVD player and it worked fine. I sent it to my client who tried to play it on three different computers (two pcs and a mac) and it didn't work. When the client played it in the dvd machine---it worked.

So, my question. Why? Does this have something to do with Apple phasing out iDVD and therefore it isn't working fully with Lion?

My iDVD is from Snow Leopard...it wasn't purchased after Lion download.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Re: Lion and iDVD (November 22, 2011 03:48PM) David Harbsmeier
My first suspect would be the brand of media you used. Many computer DVD drives don't work well with low/no quality brands like Memorex. They simply won't read the disc properly.

My second suspect (for the Windows computers only) would be the DVD playing app they tried to use to play the disc. Most people try to use Window Media Player, but it really sucks at playing DVDs. Apps like CyberLink's Power DVD work much better.

-DH
Re: Lion and iDVD (November 23, 2011 12:08AM) SAD
Thanks, DH.

These are high quality blank DVDS that I always use---so same stock as always.

I will ask them how they tried to launch the DVDS in the Windows PC. The client did say on one of the computers she could hear the audio--not the video.

I had her double click on the disc and tell me what what is in the VOB folders. It was just wording about permissions...?
Re: Lion and iDVD (November 23, 2011 02:52AM) Christoph Vonrhein
Re: Lion and iDVD (November 23, 2011 03:33AM) SAD
DH---

Correct, I mis-typed. I meant to say Video_TS Folders.

I do think it might be a playback issue on the windows computers...but why on a mac? I wasn't in the room with them as they tried to play the dvds.

So---no one thinks it may be a Lion-iDVD compatibility issue?
Re: Lion and iDVD (November 23, 2011 02:55AM) David Harbsmeier
Re: Lion and iDVD (November 23, 2011 03:35AM) SAD
Correct, DH, I mis-typed/mis-spoke

I can understand a windows issue...but why the same problem on a mac?

Also---no issue at all regarding Lion-iDVD compatability issues?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login