Re: paste atributes in boris title 3d

paste atributes in boris title 3d (June 12, 2008 11:36PM) gaz
hi ken

is it possible to copy and paste atributes of a title into a new title in boris title 3d ( in fc 5.1) ?
or having a text typed in title 3d i bring some new text of an editor like word or text editor from apple,
could i paste the text in boris title 3d and the new text will assume the atributes of the old text ? is it
possible ? i know this happens in livetype.

thanks ahead for any tip

gaz
Re: paste atributes in boris title 3d (June 12, 2008 11:44PM) jlcinc
It always happens, but why didn't you just try and paste something in Boris to see if it worked.

John
Re: paste atributes in boris title 3d (June 13, 2008 03:15AM) gaz
hi john

thanks. sometimes it does not work. i wondering if am doing
something wrong.

thanks again anyway

gaz
Re: paste atributes in boris title 3d (June 13, 2008 03:35AM) ronny courtens
Hi Gaz,

You can use the Style Palette in Boris 3D to save the attributes of a title and then paste these attributes onto any new titles you create or import. Saving a style takes some steps, but once you have saved your style it's a matter of 1 click to paste this style to any new text. Here's how it's done:

1. Open Boris 3D. Make a title and format it as you wish.

2. Once you are happy with the way it looks, klick the Style Palette button at the bottom of the Boris title window. The Style Palette will open.

3. In the Style Palette, click the Text tab. In the Text tab, click the "Add Category" button (see attached picture). When you click it, a new style category will be created. Give it a name (e.g. "My styles").

4. Now click the Add Style button. Your style will be added to the Style Palette. If you wish you can give your new style a name. Finally make sure all checkboxes in the Apply box are marked.

5. Leave the Style Palette open and return to the Boris title window. Delete your existing text and bring in the text from Word or Text Editor (you can just copy/paste it). When you paste it you will see the text is formatted as it was in the original text editor, which we want to change.

6. Press CMD+A to select all your text, then go to the Style Palette and click the Apply Style button. You entire text will be formatted into your saved style.

You can re-use your style anytime you wish. Just create or import any title, open the Style palette, go to the "My Styles" folder and choose the style you wish to use. Then select your text and hit Aplly Style button and it's done.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: paste atributes in boris title 3d (June 13, 2008 03:44AM) gaz
hi ronny

thanks a lot. i'll do that

gaz
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login