Live Capture using Sony PD 170 to FCP 7

Live Capture using Sony PD 170 to FCP 7 (January 31, 2012 09:16AM) davidgarza303
Hello,

Can you please help me? I'm trying to do a live capture using a Sony PD170 to FCP 7 on a Macbook Pro. If possible can you guide me through step by step. Thank you.

P.S. I am recording to tape as a back up if all goes wrong.
Re: Live Capture using Sony PD 170 to FCP 7 (January 31, 2012 01:03PM) David Harbsmeier
Connect a Firewire cable from the camera to your Mac while both devices are powered down. Once connected, start up the Mac and turn on your camera. On your camera, make sure that the menu is set to output via iLink (Sony's name for Firewire). In FCP, set Device Control to "Non-Controllable Device" and use the "Capture Now" button when you're ready to start capturing. Hit the Escape key to stop recording. Also make sure you haven't set a low limit for Capture Now in FCP's preferences. Set it for 10 minutes or so longer than the anticipated duration of the event, or don't set any limit at all.

-DH
Re: Live Capture using Sony PD 170 to FCP 7 (January 31, 2012 03:03PM) davidgarza303
Thanks David I appreciate it. You've been a great help.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login