Re: Can you create a disk image for Blu-Ray out of FCP 7.0.3?

Can you create a disk image for Blu-Ray out of FCP 7.0.3? (February 06, 2012 06:33AM) yetifan
I'm using a dual-core 27" IMac running OS 10.6.8.

Thanks in advance,
Scott
Re: Can you create a disk image for Blu-Ray out of FCP 7.0.3? (February 06, 2012 10:26AM) Ken Stone Admin
Re: Can you create a disk image for Blu-Ray out of FCP 7.0.3? (February 06, 2012 11:03AM) yetifan
Ken, I tried that...but it didn't create a disk image. Rather, it created two files...a Blu-ray.264 and a Blu-ray.ac3.

Can these then be made into a disk image?
Re: Can you create a disk image for Blu-Ray out of FCP 7.0.3? (February 06, 2012 12:39PM) Ken Stone Admin
Hi Scott,

Sounds strange, but I as I don't have a Blu-ray burner I have never tried working with a Blu-ray disk image.

Anyone?????

--ken
Re: Can you create a disk image for Blu-Ray out of FCP 7.0.3? (February 07, 2012 01:28AM) jrosson
Ken, Yeti,
I could never get disc utility to work with blu-ray.
When the process gets to the stage of burning -- the error message always reads 'not enough space on the disc.'
Using Share -- we can burn BD's -- but you must burn what you need in the initial burn process.
Once quit -- you have to re-encode.
Never have been able to solve the 'not enough space on disc' issue.
JR
Re: Can you create a disk image for Blu-Ray out of FCP 7.0.3? (February 07, 2012 02:12AM) Videot
The weird issue I get with this (well, there are many, actually... but here's the weirdest) is that the whole Share process often tries to start burning the disc before the two files are fully encoded. I have to keep restarting it until the encodes are actually done - and then, I'd say one time out of five, it will work.

And forget having to do it over if you make changes to a project - that's never worked for me.

In the two or three instances where it ever actually worked for me - it was great. The videos on the discs were beautiful (even if the menus were bland).

- Mike
Re: Can you create a disk image for Blu-Ray out of FCP 7.0.3? (February 07, 2012 02:32AM) yetifan
Thanks for the input, guys.

Does anyone know of any Mac-compatible third-party software that can create a disk image?

Scott
Re: Can you create a disk image for Blu-Ray out of FCP 7.0.3? (February 08, 2012 08:34AM) XGTV
Scott, Toast will make a BD disk Image.

Hope this helps
Re: Can you create a disk image for Blu-Ray out of FCP 7.0.3? (February 11, 2012 08:47PM) alaskacameradude
Adobe Encore is VERY similar to DVD Studio Pro
and can do everything with Blu Ray as well as DVD's.
It works great for making Blu Ray disc images.
Re: Can you create a disk image for Blu-Ray out of FCP 7.0.3? (February 14, 2012 10:26PM) ronny courtens
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login