Re: Compression settings in Final Cut Pro

Compression settings in Final Cut Pro (February 09, 2012 02:14AM) Rogue2x
I was hoping someone with a bit more experience might be able to give me some tips on compression settings. Im trying to export an 80 minute video shot in standard def to be burned using iDVD. This video is for a client and will be used for commercial purpose so ensuring the quality is as high as possible is very important.

Its alot of content to fit on a standard 120 min DVD and in the past ive generally used the default settings for compression (H.264, key frames 24, compression quality high, etc....but i thought perhaps someone might have some tips on getting better quality that will still fit to a standard DVD.

I also have compressor on my computer however ive never actually used it so i thought perhaps there might be a way to utilize its benefits as well.

Thank you to anyone who may have some tips here.

Cheers,

Regan
Re: Compression settings in Final Cut Pro (February 09, 2012 01:00PM) David Harbsmeier
Re: Compression settings in Final Cut Pro (February 09, 2012 01:05PM) Rogue2x
Thanks David,

The main issue im having is that the video is anamorphic so i havent been able to export using QT conversion and upload to iDVD.

I will try DVD Studio Pro...never used it before but hopefully i can figure it out.

Thanks again for taking the time.

Regan
Re: Compression settings in Final Cut Pro (February 10, 2012 01:36AM) jrosson
Check back in Ken's white papers for authoring a 'bare bones' (no menu) DVD using DVDSP.
It's a great guide if you're unfamiliar with DVDSP.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login