Re: FCP (Exporting and Importing)

FCP (Exporting and Importing) (February 27, 2012 08:13AM) omphile
Sorry i meant, I’m editing a short film in a few days. The film was shot on a Panasonic AVCCAM 154ER. My iMac has a 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, with 2 GB of ram. I’m using FCP 7. I’m also storing all footage on a shared server which slows editing down considerably, and the iMac itself doesn’t have a lot of free space. I also have a limited amount of time within which to work – roughly 5 hours to cut the final edit. So I wanted to know if there are any methods of which I can use to import my footage in FCP that will allow me to render and work on my footage quicker but still obtain maximum quality after exporting the footage.
Re: FCP (Exporting and Importing) (February 27, 2012 03:04PM) David Harbsmeier
Move the footage to a hard drive that is connected directly to your Mac via Firewire. Do not try editing over a network unless you have a lot of time and patience - FCP was not designed to work that way.

-DH
Re: FCP (Exporting and Importing) (February 27, 2012 05:09PM) omphile
Thank you. What Is film PAL or NTSC. How do you convert NTSC to PAL without too much quality loss?
Re: FCP (Exporting and Importing) (February 28, 2012 05:58AM) Oabz
I've read through all you've written and I kind of understand what PAL and NTSC are, but which between the two would be best to use though in the scenario of omphile's?
Re: FCP (Exporting and Importing) (February 28, 2012 12:31PM) David Harbsmeier
Re: FCP (Exporting and Importing) (February 28, 2012 04:54AM) David Harbsmeier
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login