Re: Matrox MXO Trouble

Matrox MXO Trouble (March 15, 2012 10:32AM) NKlaeser
I just purchased a Matrox MXO from a private party and I am having some trouble getting an image to display on my HDTV. I am working on a 720p60 project that I shot on my HPX170. I have the DVI adapter coming from the mini-display port connecting to the Matrox and the DVI output of the Matrox going to a Cinema Display. I see the desktop on the Cinema Display. Now, I am trying to get an image to my HDTV. The component outputs are connected to the HDTV. I set the output device on the system setting to Matrox MXO 720p59.94. Still no image.
Re: Matrox MXO Trouble (March 15, 2012 10:40AM) Ken Stone Admin
Re: Matrox MXO Trouble (March 15, 2012 10:57AM) NKlaeser
I know this sounds stupid but where is the "FN" key?
Re: Matrox MXO Trouble (March 15, 2012 11:46AM) Ken Stone Admin
Laptop = lower left corner (first key under the Shift key)

Extended keyboard = center set of keys (thee rows) left row just under the F13 key

--ken
Re: Matrox MXO Trouble (March 15, 2012 12:09PM) NKlaeser
Is it possible to have my HDTV as a preview monitor as I edit? I have attached a screen shot of my video playback settings.
Re: Matrox MXO Trouble (March 15, 2012 12:15PM) Ken Stone Admin
Did you find the 'fn' key?

Did you go through the article?

--ken
Re: Matrox MXO Trouble (March 15, 2012 12:24PM) NKlaeser
I feel real stupid. There is no key on my keyboard that says "FN".
Re: Matrox MXO Trouble (March 15, 2012 12:47PM) Ken Stone Admin
What type of keyboard are you running, is it a Mac keyboard? Laptop or Extended. Please answer all of my questions.

--ken
Re: Matrox MXO Trouble (March 15, 2012 12:58PM) NKlaeser
It is a mac keyboard that came with my G5. I kept this keyboard because the iMac came with the basic wireless keyboard. I do not see a lower case fn. I have attached a picture of the section of the keyboard that you mentioned earlier.
Re: Matrox MXO Trouble (March 15, 2012 02:59PM) Ken Stone Admin
Man, that's a very old keyboard and it looks like it does not have a 'fn' key.

Wait a minute. . . Are you trying to output to two devices from the MXO box at the same time? I don't think that this can be done.

--ken
Re: Matrox MXO Trouble (March 15, 2012 12:48PM) Ken Stone Admin
On an extended keyboard, it's 'fn' lower case.

--ken
Re: Matrox MXO Trouble (March 15, 2012 01:18PM) NKlaeser
I have output to my second Cinema Display by hitting the (command F12 key). But, when I hit the space bar the video has no motion but the timeline cursor is moving. I also have no output to my HDTV.
Re: Matrox MXO Trouble (March 16, 2012 01:13AM) XGTV
In the View menu - external video, make sure that playback is set to All Frames. If it is not, then you will get exactly as you describe.

Best wishes.
Re: Matrox MXO Trouble (March 16, 2012 01:36AM) NKlaeser
I have read that there is a blue led light someplace? Is it on the front of the unit? I thought that the device was working because it accepted the software update from the Matrox website.
Re: Matrox MXO Trouble (March 16, 2012 04:40AM) Ken Stone Admin
There is a blue light, inside, behind the front grill.

--ken
Re: Matrox MXO Trouble (March 16, 2012 05:05AM) NKlaeser
I do not believe that I saw one. That can be part of my problem. Are the power supplies only available through Matrox?
Re: Matrox MXO Trouble (March 16, 2012 10:37AM) steve douglas
Is this really the MXO or the MXO2 box that you have?
Steve
Re: Matrox MXO Trouble (March 16, 2012 11:06AM) NKlaeser
It is a MXO.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login