Favorite effects in X

Favorite effects in X (March 15, 2012 09:11AM) Joe Redifer
I'm sure this has been covered before but I am wondering if there is a way to save filters and transitions with specific attributes and paste them on to other clips like could be done in old-man FCP. It seems that when I try to copy an applied filter I end up copying the entire clip. I think I may have read somewhere that Motion is involved?

Also, where is drop shadow and motion blur?
Re: Favorite effects in X (March 15, 2012 10:45AM) Ken Stone Admin
Re: Favorite effects in X (March 18, 2012 03:29AM) Christoph Vonrhein
Re: Favorite effects in X (March 18, 2012 04:45AM) Ken Stone Admin
Hi Christoph,

You're right, the most complicated work-around ever.

Apple does have a lot to add to FCP X, and I agree, Favorites needs to be one of them.

--ken
Re: Favorite effects in X (March 18, 2012 02:15PM) Christoph Vonrhein
Re: Favorite effects in X (March 19, 2012 06:18AM) Ken Stone Admin
Re: Favorite effects in X (March 19, 2012 07:53PM) ronny courtens
Hi Joe,

This filter works on anything you wish. Key out an actor, add the filter to the clip and you will be able to add a drop shadow (any color, any size, any amount of blur) to your keyed out actor.

When you apply the filter it automatically scales down your image and it adds a white border to your image. You can undo this default setting by deselecting the border and resetting the scale in the inspector.

BTW with the border option selected you can even add a border around your key.

All titles in FCP10 have their own drop shadow option, so you don't need any extra filter to add drop shadows to titles.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: Favorite effects in X (March 19, 2012 08:58PM) Joe Redifer
I usually do my own custom titles and graphics in Photoshop so that's why I asked. Thanks for the answer! Installed (or, rather, will be once I get Motion 5).

Re: Favorite effects in X (March 21, 2012 09:00AM) steve douglas
Thanks Ronny,
Just put it in my Motion templates/effects folder. Ideas for plug ins...to be able to time when the text actually comes in as opposed to current X text where only the duration of the text fx can be changed. Split screens that allow you to feather the edges. Give me more time and I will, in time, come up with new requests.
Steve
Re: Favorite effects in X (March 21, 2012 06:29AM) Christoph Vonrhein
Re: Favorite effects in X (March 21, 2012 06:47AM) Ken Stone Admin
Re: Favorite effects in X (March 15, 2012 11:25AM) Joe Redifer
I have not seen that, thanks for the link. Hopefully they will fix this in X.

Re: Favorite effects in X (March 18, 2012 07:32PM) ronny courtens
Hi Christopher,

I think we will see a much further integration of Motion with FCPX in the near future.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: Favorite effects in X (March 18, 2012 08:29PM) ronny courtens
Re: Favorite effects in X (March 19, 2012 05:29AM) Ken Stone Admin
Hi Ronny,

Thanks for the plugin.

--ken
Re: Favorite effects in X (March 19, 2012 05:50AM) ronny courtens
Hi Ken,

You are welcome. In the past months I have created al lot of custom effects, titles, transitions etc... for specific jobs. I think the fact that you can actually create your own filters and transitions in Motion and use them in FCP10 is one of the strongest features of this integration between the two apps. If anyone has a request for a special effect just post it here and I will see what I can do.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: Favorite effects in X (March 19, 2012 12:29PM) Joe Redifer
Hi Ronny, that's a cool plug-in however I'm looking to to drop shadows on basically anything. For example, I might like to drop a shadow behind actors who have been chroma keyed out. Or maybe a title or a still image that's moving around the screen.

And thanks for the tip on saving "favorites". I don't have Motion 5 yet but maybe I'll pick it up.
Re: Favorite effects in X (March 20, 2012 04:07AM) steve douglas
Still using Motion 4 and haven't installed 5. Will it work if installed there? Guess I will have to spring for 5.
Steve
Re: Favorite effects in X (March 20, 2012 11:47AM) ronny courtens
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login