Speed problem with STP

Speed problem with STP (April 02, 2012 10:18AM) Caleb
Hello all,
I have some footage from a production company, and its horrible. I need to fix the audio in STP. There is a spot in the original footage where that speakers voice goes from normal and all of a suden speeds up, and it sounds like he's Mickey Mouse. First I tried moving the pitch around, but I knew that wasn't gonna work, and it didn't. I think the problem is that the audio is just sped up in this section, so I want to slow the speed down, cause I think its the easiest fix, but I can't figure out how to do that. I'm not working with video that goes with the voice, so I don't have to worry about it matching someones lips, but I do need to slow down this section. Can someone please direct me to an article on this, or explain how its done?

Thanks

Caleb
Re: Speed problem with STP (April 03, 2012 12:54AM) ronny courtens
Hi Caleb,

In STP you can use the Time Stretch filter to speed down audio clips.

1. Select the portion of the audio you want to stretch (drag a rectangle around the audio). The selected portion will become a darker green.

2. Choose Process > Time Stretch. A small window will pop up.

3. In the window you can choose how the length of your selection is measured (samples, seconds, frames etc.). I usually choose seconds.

4. Try to imagine how much you need to stretch the audio so it will play at normal speed and pitch. Enter the new length in the window and press "OK". Let STP calculate the new speed and pitch and listen if it is all right. If not just try again with different settings until you get it right.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: Speed problem with STP (April 03, 2012 05:22AM) Caleb
Ronny,
thanks a ton. Its been awhile since I've been on this site, i've just been so busy with so many video projects. And the work is not slowing down at all! But it is very nice to see that your still here giving great advice, and that this site is still just as amaizing as it was the day I decided to start editing.

Thanks again.

Caleb
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login