Re: Voice Over...

Voice Over... (June 13, 2008 06:38AM) tincus
Hello,
I need to record several lectures, then save them as .mp3's for ipod playback and/or .wav's for cd play back.
The lectures will be done in private, so they can be done near the computer.
As a cheap way of starting out I was thinking about plugging a decent mic into my iMic, then connecting it to the Mac and using the voice over tool in FCP5HD to record the lectures. I tested it with a junky old mic and it didnt sound to bad.
Is there a better way of doing somithing like this?
Also, in the Voice Over settings it looks like you need to set "in" and "out" points...is there a way around this, i'm not sure on the length of the lectures...or do you just set them long and cut what you dont need?
Thanks.
The new board looks great!
-Shane
Re: Voice Over... (June 13, 2008 07:04AM) David Harbsmeier
If it were me, and I'd only be recording speech, I'd use a hard drive or flash card based recorder. Afterwards, a simple file transfer would get the audio on your Mac for editing/output.

-DH
Re: Voice Over... (June 13, 2008 07:07AM) Ken Stone Admin
There is a quick way to do this. I have an iSight camera (mic included), so I use QT Player, 'new audio recording'. This records as AIFF at 48k.

Just drop it onto the timeline.

--ken
Re: Voice Over... (June 13, 2008 07:13AM) tincus
Does the iSight Mic sound decent? Never played with one.
These lectures might be sold, dont have to be profrssional...but decent:)
Thanks.
-Shane
Re: Voice Over... (June 13, 2008 07:30AM) Ken Stone Admin
Re: Voice Over... (June 13, 2008 07:09AM) tincus
I have been thinking about one of those for recording wedding vows as a back up...any suggestions for a good one maybe $300 range. I cant remember the one I read about that people had trouble sincing their video and audio up with. That would work nice for the lecture thing.
Thanks.
-Shane
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login