Re: exporting from FCP to iDVD widescreen won't switch back to standard

exporting from FCP to iDVD widescreen won't switch back to standard (June 13, 2008 12:51PM) mdickens
Dear Ken,
I've never had this problem before, and have been burning all my FCP projects out to disk using my new versaion of iDVD for several months now. What happened is that this time when I exported as a Quicktime movie as I always have done, and dropped it into the iDVD menu like before, it put it into "widescreen preview (16:9)" and no matter if I change it when I start the new iDVD project or not to "Standard (4:3)" it still puts it on the DVD as widescreen. I have tried exporting using Quicktime conversion and changing the compressions settings from <DV/DVCPRO - NTSC> from <H.264> and even tried <None> but even though the <none> setting removed the widescreen it wouldn't play correctly, so what can I do to get it too burn it <Standard> again. I need this commercial put on a DVD as soon as possible and I can't have it on widescreen as I found that some DVD players will show it as widescreen and others will show it with the edges cut-off cause it is formatted in widescreen and trying to show it standard I guess. Can you tell me what has changed and how to correct it. Thank you.
M. Dickens
Re: exporting from FCP to iDVD widescreen won't switch back to standard (June 13, 2008 12:54PM) Ken Stone Admin
I would suggest that you quit iDVD and then trash the iDVD Prefs.

com.apple.iDVD.plist

Then lunch iDVD.

--ken
Re: exporting from FCP to iDVD widescreen won't switch back to standard (June 13, 2008 01:20PM) mdickens
Thanks that did it. I should have known, that's what cured my FCP when it went south too, and you told me that. Thanks.
Re: exporting from FCP to iDVD widescreen won't switch back to standard (May 05, 2009 09:02AM) marina_c
Hi

I'm having the same problem... but How do I trahs the iDVD prefs?
Thanks
Marina
Re: exporting from FCP to iDVD widescreen won't switch back to standard (May 05, 2009 09:02AM) marina_c
Hi

I'm having the same problem... but How do I trash the iDVD prefs?
Thanks
Marina
Re: exporting from FCP to iDVD widescreen won't switch back to standard (May 05, 2009 09:13AM) Ken Stone Admin
Hey, I was hungry. (g)

HD > User > Library > Preferences > com.apple.iDVD.plist

Drag to trash but do not empty. Launch (I've eaten now) iDVD. When it's up and running properly you can empty the trash.

--ken
Re: exporting from FCP to iDVD widescreen won't switch back to standard (June 15, 2008 10:49PM) Paul
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login