Re: Mac OS Mavericks and FCP 7 and FCP X..Any Problems Using New OS.

Mac OS Mavericks and FCP 7 and FCP X..Any Problems Using New OS. (March 10, 2014 10:38AM) UptownVideo
Hello...Any problems running FCP Studio 7 or FCP X with the new Mac OS Mavericks. I plan on installing it on my iMac Quad i7, but wanted to make sure no problems first...I also plan on using Lightroom 5 with the new OS if anyone has feedback on that aspect. Thanks......Phil

Re: Mac OS Mavericks and FCP 7 and FCP X..Any Problems Using New OS. (March 11, 2014 06:29AM) philsfilm
Hi Phil,

Did you see my posting below? I upgraded from 10.8.5 (Mt. Lion) on my 2011 iMac and have had no problem running FCP 7 since then. However, as a safety precaution, I backed up my entire OS (10.8.5), including FCP 7, to an external G-Drive. I used Carbon Copy Cloner to do that.
I think you will be fine as I was but I would do a backup to be safe. I've only heard that people have problems when they attempt a clean install of FCP 7 over Mavericks, not upgrading an existing OS.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Phil
Re: Mac OS Mavericks and FCP 7 and FCP X..Any Problems Using New OS. (March 11, 2014 09:16AM) Graeme Herwig
Re: Mac OS Mavericks and FCP 7 and FCP X..Any Problems Using New OS. (March 11, 2014 03:50PM) UptownVideo
Thanks to all....I answered the other thread on this as well.....

Phil
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login