forcing carriage returns in Boris Title Crawl?

forcing carriage returns in Boris Title Crawl? (March 12, 2014 05:13AM) Videot
Hi, all -

Working at a school, I sometimes get large messages the administrators want turned into scrolling text for one video or another. To avoid carrying markup codes like font, size, etc. with the text when pasting it into Title Crawl, I usually dump the entire message into TextEdit and convert to plain text.

The problem is, TextEdit wraps so there are no <CR> (carriage returns) embedded in the text. Consequently, I just get one run-on chunk of text in Title Crawl.

Older TextEdit versions let me add tabs and forced page width, but as far as I can tell, modern versions don't do that anymore. The only way to get that top display of character spaces, tabs, etc. is go go back to rich text... but then my text has markups that change its look once I place it into Title Crawl.

I notice a bit of a status bar at the top of Title Crawl, and can drag some tab (?) and other settings into it, but they don't seem to do anything.

Is anyone aware of how to make the most of that toolbox at the top of Title Crawl, especially in the form of forcing <CR> to avoid having to manually add them for every line? This is going to be a LONG crawl.

In the screen grab, you can see Title Crawl in the background (with a run-on text dump), and two versions of the text file in TextEdit in the foreground. As you can see, nothing I'm doing is carrying <CR> with the text to allow fixed-width lines of text.

And yes, in case anyone is wondering, I have TitleCrawl set for "roll," not "crawl."

Thanks in advance,

- Mike

Re: forcing carriage returns in Boris Title Crawl? (March 12, 2014 05:19AM) Videot
As always, after much snooping and testing, I resorted to posting here... and then I found the answer.

Text-alignment box has wrap/no-wrap option.
Duh.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login