Crop or Zoom 4K in 1080 Timeline

Crop or Zoom 4K in 1080 Timeline (March 19, 2014 11:17AM) Kent
Hi;

What is the procedure for cropping or zooming 4K footage in a 1080 timeline and maintaining a 16 x 9 aspect ratio?

Since the 4K footage has four times the information can you zoom in by 200% before experiencing a degrading in quality?

I have never worked in a 720 timeline with 1080 footage. Is it possible to crop and or zoom in this scenario? How?

I Googled the above without success. Has anyone done a tutorial?

Thanks

Kent
Re: Crop or Zoom 4K in 1080 Timeline (March 19, 2014 11:53AM) Joe Redifer
You'd crop and zoom like you would with any other image. Use the SCALING attribute and also be sure to reposition the image for proper framing. If you want to slowly zoom in or something like that then select the CROP icon on the bottom left of the viewer and then select Ken Burns from the 3 options on the bottom middle of that same window. Ken Burns himself will jump out of your screen and position the green frame for the start and the red frame for the end of the zoom and position. Ken Burns will then tell you that this zoom will occur over the entire duration of the clip. He will then jump back into the screen where he lives a very lonely life, sorrowfully waiting for someone to click on Ken Burns to once again give his life some meaning.

Re: Crop or Zoom 4K in 1080 Timeline (March 21, 2014 01:32AM) Kent
Thanks Joe;
I have not found a tutorial for scaling etc. I don't understand the finer points of that segment of FCPX.

I didn't realize that Ken Burns works for clip. I will let him out if for no other reason then to say hello. Poor lonely guy.

Kent
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login