Re: Missing Files

Missing Files (April 04, 2014 03:39AM) ericcosh
Hi all:
Quick question. In preparation for finalizing my 90 minute film, I've turned off several photo on the timeline (V key) and also replaced some of these by placing new photos on top of the turned off ones. When I either try to Share or export the timeline, I get the dreaded Missing Files warning. Now I've had that in the past where I actually had missing files and then had to find those and replace them, but this time, there are no RED MISSING FILES over any of the images. Is this because I've turned off some of the files but not deleted them?
Re: Missing Files (April 04, 2014 06:11AM) ronny courtens
Hi Eric,

That's exact. The app cannot know if you have intentionally turned off the clips because you don't need them in the final export, or if you do need the clips but you have forgotten to turn them on again before exporting. That's why you get this warning.

If your program plays without any issues you can ignore the message and export your master file. Or you can just delete the unwanted clips and the message will go away. I always clean up my timeline before exporting.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: Missing Files (April 04, 2014 06:23AM) ericcosh
Thanks Ronny. You're the man. That's what I thought by you confirmed it. Are you going to NAB Ronny? I'm heading out Sunday. It's only a 4-1/2 hour drive from Phoenix. I only attend Monday and then head back Tuesday. Trust all is well for you my friend,

warmly,
eric
Re: Missing Files (April 04, 2014 09:53PM) ronny courtens
Hey Eric,

No NAB for me this year. Last year I went for the 23rd time (yes, I'm THAT old gggg.) and I have decided it would probably be my last one. I find it has become more of a fancy-fair than an professional gathering, which I regret. I will be at the London Supermeet in June and, of course, at IBC in Amsterdam next year.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: Missing Files (April 05, 2014 01:08AM) ericcosh
Hi Ronny:
That's so wild about 23rd time at NAB. I remember the first time I went was 1983. I was 45 and a newbie to film and video but not photography. Over the years, I've only missed a few NAB shows, but that's because I'm less than 300 miles away so it's a real quick trip. I'll let you know if I've found something that completely blows me out of the water. I have both Black Magic Cinema and Pocket cameras and want to see if there is anything cool out there to go with them.

Back to the missing file issue. Yesterday I did find the dreaded Missing File in RED. When I replaced it, the caution flag disappeared even though I still had several clips turned off so I guess just turning off a clip doesn't give you a flag. Give it a try Ronnie and see what it does for you.

I'll let you know if I find anything Earth Shattering at NAB.

Have a wonderful weekend my friend,
warmly,
eric
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login