Re: Viewing Problems (probably not related to FCP)

Viewing Problems (probably not related to FCP) (April 11, 2014 03:36AM) David Oren
Re: Viewing Problems (probably not related to FCP) (April 11, 2014 06:37AM) Ken Stone Admin
David,

At the top of both windows are three drop-down menus. Click on the one on the right, The top section wants to be set to 'image'. The second section down uncheck everything. The third section down select RGB.

--ken
Re: Viewing Problems (probably not related to FCP) (April 11, 2014 07:03AM) David Oren
Re: Viewing Problems (probably not related to FCP) (April 11, 2014 07:12AM) Ken Stone Admin
Other than FCP, does your monitor look normal when running email or Safari or other apps?

What codec and format video are you working with and what are your Sequence settings?

--ken
Re: Viewing Problems (probably not related to FCP) (April 11, 2014 07:54AM) David Oren
All other applications look fine.

But as I mentioned at the beginning, the video screens of QT and MPEG Streamclip look also quite dark, but less than the ones in FCP.
Can it be a video card issue?

I'm not running e-mails on the Mac....

I'm working with regular DV codec, SD at 720x480, like I do most of the time with no problems.

I may opt to move to my older computer running FCP 3.04, but this will not solve the problem with this one.

I have gone through the sequence settings from top to bottom trying to figure out if anything is wrong there,
to no avail.

David.
Re: Viewing Problems (probably not related to FCP) (April 11, 2014 08:36AM) Ken Stone Admin
David,

If you play a video clip from the web inside Safari, does the clip play properly?

--ken
Re: Viewing Problems (probably not related to FCP) (April 12, 2014 04:14AM) David Oren
Ken,

I'm sorry, but my Mac is not connected to the internet.
I'm using my Windows PC for that.

David.
Re: Viewing Problems (probably not related to FCP) (April 12, 2014 10:37AM) Joe Redifer
If you open the video in Quicktime player, do they play properly? This is the most strange FCP problem I've ever heard of.
Re: Viewing Problems (probably not related to FCP) (April 12, 2014 04:16AM) David Oren
Why did my response here gave me a "SPAM" warning?

David.
Re: Viewing Problems (probably not related to FCP) (April 12, 2014 04:32AM) Ken Stone Admin
Hi David, not sure why go got that message. Every once in awhile I get it too.

--ken
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login