Creating DVD with chapters from FCP 10

Creating DVD with chapters from FCP 10 (April 17, 2014 06:48AM) misterpie73
I love my new iMac computer with OS 10.8.5, 2.9 GHz Intel Core i5 Processor and 8 GB 1600 MHz Memory. I need to make DVD's of some of my projects, so I purchased a OWC DVD Burner, Model # OWCVLU2SD24XS. I'm using FCP 10.0.9 and have already successfully "shared" a project from my timeline to DVD. How do I create a DVD with chapters that can be named and displayed on the DVD Menu? Do I need to use DVD Studio Pro?
Re: Creating DVD with chapters from FCP 10 (April 17, 2014 06:51AM) Ken Stone Admin
DVD SP certainly would be the way to go.

--ken
Re: Creating DVD with chapters from FCP 10 (April 18, 2014 03:35AM) Russ Haskell
DVD Studio Pro clearly has far more authoring capability than the Share function in FCP X (or in Compressor). Share>DVD is limited – not only by menu choice – but also by the fact that it's single track-only – and was presumably designed for basic screeners.

However, both FCPX and Compressor do support chapter markers and the naming of those chapters. So if you successfully output to DVD directly from FCP X and you didn't get chapters, something went wrong along the way.

Russ
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login