DVD Studio Pro volume on Menu music

DVD Studio Pro volume on Menu music (June 01, 2014 03:27PM) Curtis
there appears to be no way to adjust the volume of the music dragged from iTunes onto the menu page that plays while the client looks at the menu, aside from turning down the volume on their tv. it is always louder than the movie track. nor is there any apparent way to adjust the volume of an individual tune in iTunes, except as playback. cannot import into QT player and change the volume, except for playback.

this is a big problem for the client, thus for me. do i have to import that individual track into another app (which one?) and save it to the desktop for later use?

i edit video with FCPX and have FCP 7.
Re: DVD Studio Pro volume on Menu music (June 01, 2014 09:18PM) David Harbsmeier
Convert the music to an AIF file, then import it into FCP. Lower the volume, then export as an AIF from FCP. Import the lower volume AIF file into your DVDSP project.

-DH
Re: DVD Studio Pro volume on Menu music (June 02, 2014 05:02AM) Curtis
Mahalo,

was hoping against the odds the Apple Geniuses would have figured out a better way by now. haven't used SP in a few years, but it's going to be the easy ticket for the next several projects.

as usual you mystery guys "out there" are the best.

JCM
Re: DVD Studio Pro volume on Menu music (June 02, 2014 11:32AM) Alexander
Watch how you compress your audio to ac3.
Dialog normalisation should be set at -31 dBFS or you will change the volume exported from FCP.
Re: DVD Studio Pro volume on Menu music (June 05, 2014 05:14PM) Curtis
Well, it all worked. This latest DVD sounds great.

Took a bit to figure out how to export the 1 song with adjusted volume for the menu, but that's why I don't keep any loaded firearms or hammers near the edit station.

It's so odd there's no other way to do that with QTime or even right in DVDSP. I suppose Soundtrack Pro or Logic would work.

Mahalo

Curtis
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login