Re: 1) Red covers my audio, 2) I tried to COPY lib to HD but NO??

1) Red covers my audio, 2) I tried to COPY lib to HD but NO?? (June 05, 2014 11:20AM) billygolfus
I wanted to back up a lib in X and dragged to another HD holding option. Holding option means copy I thought, but it flew off. I tried to open backups but dimmed. Holding command it moved my lib but the audio are red bars rather than wave forms. Cannot see audio. The lib is moved sort of—two libs combined, sort of, on a finished project. It works perfectly in tutorials but try to do it myself and things don’t work so flawlessly. Anybody willing to help?
Re: 1) Red covers my audio, 2) I tried to COPY lib to HD but NO?? (June 05, 2014 11:59AM) Ken Stone Admin
You don't copy by using the Option key but rather from the File menu > Copy.

I do it from the Finder.

Quit FCP X (10.1.1). Open your hard drive and locate the Library that you want to back up and drag it from that hard drive to the new hard drive, give it a new name.

--ken
Re: 1) Red covers my audio, 2) I tried to COPY lib to HD but NO?? (June 05, 2014 12:26PM) billygolfus
Thank you. Any idea how to deal with the red Audio channels without waveforms?
Re: 1) Red covers my audio, 2) I tried to COPY lib to HD but NO?? (June 05, 2014 12:37PM) Ken Stone Admin
Does the missing audio belong to video clips, or is it audio that you brought in?

--ken
Re: 1) Red covers my audio, 2) I tried to COPY lib to HD but NO?? (June 05, 2014 02:45PM) billygolfus
I originally imported DVCAM tape footage so the sound is on the tape. It looked good and I adjusted all the levels in FCP X 1.1, but I maybe didn’t know what I was doing and I moved the Library to another external drive and when I did I lost my waveforms and from the screenshot you see what I have. I’ve never seen anything like that before. A further complication, e.g. if I want to try to reimport. I have a Sony 250 DVCAM camera and the video store wants to send it to Sony for $968 (for essentially an obsolete camera) but I have years of work, lots of unedited stuff, Lots. I feel between a rock and a hard place. Originally I told them to keep it but what if I want to reimport this and maybe finish some other projects. I have a Sony deck not hooked up but what about pickups. Maybe I should do something practical instead like learn card counting for 21
Re: 1) Red covers my audio, 2) I tried to COPY lib to HD but NO?? (June 05, 2014 05:42PM) Ken Stone Admin
Does the audio play, is it just the waveforms that are missing?

--ken
Re: 1) Red covers my audio, 2) I tried to COPY lib to HD but NO?? (June 05, 2014 06:15PM) billygolfus
The audio does play but I had gone through and adjusted the clips so that they all peaked at 12db but after the import, with the waveforms gone and the red bars covering the audio they sound to me about -20db or more. I have never seen this before.
Re: 1) Red covers my audio, 2) I tried to COPY lib to HD but NO?? (June 06, 2014 05:18AM) Ken Stone Admin
Re: 1) Red covers my audio, 2) I tried to COPY lib to HD but NO?? (June 05, 2014 06:24PM) billygolfus
And the VU meters will not show, the blade tool will not always cut the timeline —sometimes it will. I was going to say markers won’t go on but as I just checked them, they do.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login