Help me Please!

Help me Please! (June 12, 2014 01:43AM) buddhaeyes
Its been more than 6 years to complete my documentary, finally i finished my editing in FCP 7, same like other film maker, I'm trying to enter in film festival but they need DCP format which is unusual for me.
I shot my doc with different cameras, some are HD and others are shot in SD. Anyway my setting was like in attached file.
unfortunately due to lack of editing knowledge. My setting was 29.97
and the person who can deliver DCP format needs 23.98 Pro Ress 19x20 10x80 HQ.
Now the question is, i found that i can't change it from final cut pro.

Secondly when i create a new sequence which has 23.98 time base and ProRess 19x80, 1080x20 HQ.
when i copy and paste to the new sequence, my all footages looks so weird, it stretches out like a rubber ballon.
Please need your help and your wisdom to solve my problem.
Unfortunately time is running out to enter in film festival.
Thank you in advance
waiting for your wisdom to solve my problem.
Buddhaeyes.

Re: Help me Please! (June 12, 2014 04:27AM) Videot
Others will either back up my idea or give you a better one, but from my standpoint it seems that maybe you want to export your project as a stand-alone QuickTIme movie, bring that into Compressor, and apply the settings requested by the festivals. The new output file will be what you submit.

If you have access to (or a budget for) something bigger and better, like Squeeze, that will probably get you better results (but you kind of need to know what you're doing to take advantage of that).

Almost every time I've ever tried to move things to a new sequence in FCP for purposes of adjusting frame size, etc., I get the same nightmare you did. It's just not a good idea, in my opinion, to attempt that (unless everything was the same size to begin with and you know what sizes you can move it to without distortion). Exporting to one solid file and making THAT work in another format is much less stressful.

Anyone want to build me up or shoot me down here?

- Mike
Re: Help me Please! (June 12, 2014 10:26AM) buddhaeyes
Mike, thank you so much for your time and wisdom, I'm still confused but learning at the same time. The guy said they need quick time format which is on 23.98 on Pro Ress 19x20,10x80 HQ.
Now i'm making a new project which is 23.98 time base, ProRes 19x80 10x20 HQ. i know it is crazy hard work to redo from the beginning.
Do you think I'm crazy dumb.
Buddhaeyes
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login