Re: FCP X 10.1.2 update is out

FCP X 10.1.2 update is out (June 27, 2014 08:01AM) Ken Stone Admin
New features for Final Cut Pro X version 10.1.2 are:

Optimized, proxy, and rendered media can be stored at any location outside of the library
Easily delete optimized, proxy, and rendered media from within Final Cut Pro X
Used media indicators for Compound clips, Multicam clips, and Synced clips
Option to show only unused media in the Browser
Apply a standard (Rec. 709) look in real time to high dynamic range and wide color gamut video from ARRI, Blackmagic Design, Canon, and Sony cameras
Automatically apply an ARRI embedded 3D LUT from the new AMIRA camera
Support for Apple ProRes 4444 XQ
Improved speed and accuracy when synchronizing clips
Audio recording improvements including countdown and automatic Audition creation from multiple takes
Fast export of cuts-only projects containing XDCAM media
Export entire library as a single XML file
Selecting a library displays key metadata in the Inspector
Adjust relative and absolute volume of a clip or range selection
Create Keywords from Finder Tags when importing media
Option to sort events by date or name in the Libraries list
Import a clip by dragging directly into the Browser
Share 4K video to Vimeo
Re: FCP X 10.1.2 update is out (June 27, 2014 08:49AM) MitchellRose
Re: FCP X 10.1.2 update is out (June 27, 2014 08:53AM) Ken Stone Admin
And I'm waiting for all of you guys to update to see if there are any "horrible, project-crushing problems."

--ken
Re: FCP X 10.1.2 update is out (June 27, 2014 08:55AM) MitchellRose
Re: FCP X 10.1.2 update is out (June 27, 2014 09:11AM) Ken Stone Admin
Hi Mitchell,

Very funny.

In the immortal words of Confucius "Never update software mid project". And, as I have a project in progress, I'll wait until the project is finished.

--ken

Re: FCP X 10.1.2 update is out (June 27, 2014 10:28AM) Joe Redifer
I'm excited that it will fix most of the bugs from 10.1.1 but am afraid of all of the new crippling bugs that they probably included in this version.

I am ALWAYS mid-project.

Re: FCP X 10.1.2 update is out (June 29, 2014 06:11PM) ronny courtens
Re: FCP X 10.1.2 update is out (June 30, 2014 04:38AM) Ken Stone Admin
Re: FCP X 10.1.2 update is out (July 02, 2014 09:04PM) ronny courtens
Re: FCP X 10.1.2 update is out (July 05, 2014 10:36AM) Joe Redifer
Agreed, that stuff is very important and will help FCPX be adopted by more and more post houses. I think with the way it is now it's probably better than any other NLE would handle multiple users with a shared storage. Would you agree? I would love to try and push the multi-user shared storage projects that I work on to FCPX exclusively but as it is now everything just uses their own stuff, finishes their task and uploads their work for the next guy to work on in the form of a cooked video file.
Re: FCP X 10.1.2 update is out (July 05, 2014 10:44PM) ronny courtens
I agree FCP X is growing into a strong NLE for collaborative editing. At this moment Avid/Isis is still the most stable turnkey system but I'm sure we can build a similar system now around FCP X that will have the same speed, reliability and storage capacity for only a fraction of the price of an Isis. In fact we are preparing such a system now for a big television production company in Europe. Once it's working we will publish some articles about the systems and the workflows we are using. Exciting times ahead.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: FCP X 10.1.2 update is out (July 01, 2014 12:51PM) Joe Redifer
I've gotta say that I really like 10.1.2 so far. No bugs that I've encountered and the fixed bugs are a godsend. Maybe they put the bugs in 10.1.1 so we would love the hell outta 10.1.2 that much more? Because without all of these bug fixes my attitude towards 10.1.2 probably would have been: "Cool. Whatevs" instead of "OMG this is sooooooooo much better!!!!" Thank you Apple for releasing a broken product so I could fully appreciate the fixed version!

Re: FCP X 10.1.2 update is out (July 15, 2014 02:13AM) Christoph Vonrhein
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login