Re: Blue Ray DVD issue

Blue Ray DVD issue (July 02, 2014 09:35PM) coxtel
Hi everyone
I have just purchased the new Mac Pro and edited my first project . I am using a pioneer internal Blue Ray burner as an external burner connected to the mac via USB . Final Cut recognised the pioneer drive and the project burned to blue ray fine with no problems ........the problem is when I try and play the disc in the pioneer burner using the mac blue ray player software the finished disc appears on the desktop and in the software menu but it won't play when I click on it to open ..... the burned disc will play normally in my sony blue ray player ( I tried 2 machines with no problems )..... any thoughts would be appreciated .... thanks Terry
Re: Blue Ray DVD issue (July 03, 2014 04:58AM) Ken Stone Admin
"using the mac blue ray player software". What is the name of the using the Mac blue ray player software?

Has this worked for you before. In the past, have you been able to play a blu-ray on your Mac?

--ken
Re: Blue Ray DVD issue (July 05, 2014 10:32AM) Joe Redifer
Yeah Macs can't play Blu-rays natively. Apple hates Blu-rays. They want everything to be in the cloud. So you must find your own solutions like a simple app called Blu-ray Player. I think it costs. It works fine but it's pretty bare-bones. I don't have a link but Google Mac Blu-ray Player (not Blue Ray) and you should find it.
Re: Blue Ray DVD issue (July 05, 2014 01:24PM) Gypaetus
I have a MacBookPro 2,4 GHz with 3 GB 667 MHz memory and the NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT - so "not quite the newest equipment".

I downloaded the testversion of "AnyMP4 Mac Blu-ray Player", "Aurora Blu-Ray Player" and "Blu-ray Player". All showed a watermark for the test period, then they quit their function entirely. Anyway they work still as very good DVD-Players -

- BUT: all Blu-Ray playback was rather stuttering - so either my McBPro version is too slow or my NVIDIA. Only for a few seconds there was sometimes a steady picture, - then stuttering and "slide show" appeared again.

(Similar were my tests with Eye-TV: the SAT version can run HD stations, but their reception was not perfect either, also the CPU reached, according to iStat, 90°C and even a little more).

Has anyone of you experts out there similar observations - or any advice what could be the "bottle neck" and eventually should be upgraded?

Thanks!
Re: Blue Ray DVD issue (July 05, 2014 07:19PM) Joe Redifer
I didn't have any issues with Mac Blu-ray Player connected to my old Mac Pro 1,1 with an AMD (I think?) 5770 graphics card. The Blu-ray player is a cool LG model and it was hooked up via USB 2 of all things. No stutter.

So yeah, probably your graphics card or CPU which likely has to transcode the BD stream.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login