Re: Audio problem FCP 7.0.3

Audio problem FCP 7.0.3 (July 03, 2014 12:11AM) Craig Golding
Hi . got a problem with my audio that has just started happening . When I import a sound file (aiff) into FCP 7.0.3 it does not play back properly when placed in the timeline . When I try to play it from the timeline it is jumpy and eratic. If I click on it and play it in the viewer pane it is fine. This has only just started happening ,( been using FCP 7.0.3 for a few years now) , rendering the Audio /video doesn’t seem to help. Anyone had this or know how I might sort it out?
I am using a Mac Pro 3, 1 quad core Intel xeon.
2 x 2.8 GHz with 12 GB Memory
Cheers
Craig
Re: Audio problem FCP 7.0.3 (July 03, 2014 09:03AM) David Harbsmeier
Verify that the AIF file is 48khz, 16 bit. If needed, convert to that and import the resulting file.

-DH
Re: Audio problem FCP 7.0.3 (July 03, 2014 11:43PM) Craig Golding
Hi David thanks for the reply. Still got the problem though checked the aif files and it was 48KHz 16 bit but still doesn’t play properly from the timeline . redid the music file again to those settings and imported the new aif file but no help , still jumpy and eratic. Bought up a previous project with the same sequence settings that I am using in this latest project, same aif music file and it played perfectly in the timeline.
Sequence settings I am using are –
1920 x 1080 HDTV 1080i (16:9)
pixel aspect – Square
Field domin – None
Edit timebase – 25
Apple pro res 22
Audio – 48khz 16 bit
In the Advanced box- the compression type is Apple Pro Res 22, fps 25.
Im in Sydney Australia hence 25 fps.

I did import the same aif music file into a DV PAL project and it played ok in the timeline . As I said it plays ok in the viewer pane.
I’m confused , Any thoughts?
Cheers
Craig
Re: Audio problem FCP 7.0.3 (July 04, 2014 01:01AM) David Harbsmeier
Since the file plays OK in other FCP projects, I'm starting to suspect that the problematic project may have become corrupted.

-DH
Re: Audio problem FCP 7.0.3 (July 05, 2014 10:38AM) Joe Redifer
In the User Preferences, how many realtime audio tracks do you have? Keep it at around 8. Also for quality choose low (faster). Don't worry, your audio will still export fine. Also, do you have any Blackmagic Design devices attached to your computer?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login