Re: New changes FCPX 10.1.2 won't work

New changes FCPX 10.1.2 won't work (July 05, 2014 09:31PM) game-b
These 2 new feature won't work for me:

- When I select an event or a keyword collection and want to filter the unused clips, it looks like it does something, something is moving, but then the exact same collection of clips will reappear

- When I choose, show used range, or hide used range of the clips, same effect. Same clip collection will reappear

Anything I am missing?
Re: New changes FCPX 10.1.2 won't work (July 06, 2014 12:05AM) ronny courtens
- When you select "unused" FCP X filters your clip collection and it only displays the unused RANGES of your clips. If you have used an entire clip on your timeline this clip will not appear when you select "unused"; if you have only used part of a clip the remaining unused parts of that clip will appear. This is especially useful when you work with long clips and you want to know which parts of a clip you haven't used yet.

- Show Used Range or Hide Used Range will show you exactly the same clip collection, but when you select Show Used Range the used parts of any clip will appear as orange overlays on the clip. Hide Used Range will hide these overlays.

Everything seems to work fine on our test system.

HOWEVER:

When you change the names of your imported clips in the Browser and then you start editing the clips on your timeline you may not see any Used Ranges on the clips when you select "Show Used Ranges" and obviously the "unused" filter won"t do anything either. This seems to be a bug. The solution for now: quit FCP X, re-launch the app and the Used Ranges will appear.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login