Re: Final Cut X & external monitor playback issues

Final Cut X & external monitor playback issues (July 30, 2014 02:50AM) coxtel
Hi there ......I have my new mac pro running final cut X 10.1.2 connected to an external Sony broadcast LCD monitor using a Blackmagic Thunderbolt to SDI mini converter and the problem is at certain times the monitor is having problems playing back the picture properly ....... the picture stutters and freezes sometimes both on the external monitor and in the final cut viewer windows ...... if I turn off the AV output in final cut it all seems to work fine inside the viewers . I am editing my project at 1080 25p and the output settings for the blackmagic converter are also set at 1080 25p ...... logic says it should all work . Does anybody have any thoughts as to what could be going wrong and how to fix the problem ........ cheers Terry
Re: Final Cut X & external monitor playback issues (July 30, 2014 09:22AM) Joe Redifer
I would guess it's the Blackmagic's fault. They make crap products and their software drivers are even worse. They're horribly coded.
Re: Final Cut X & external monitor playback issues (July 30, 2014 01:23PM) coxtel
Thank you Joe ......... i feel its the adaptor as well ........ any ideas as to the best method or device to send pictures from final cut to an external monitor
Re: Final Cut X & external monitor playback issues (July 30, 2014 03:11PM) Joe Redifer
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login