Re: Compressor hung up 'successfully'.

Compressor hung up 'successfully'. (October 04, 2014 09:21AM) Trig Simon
Re: Compressor hung up 'successfully'. (October 05, 2014 06:26AM) ronny courtens
Hi Trig,

Anyone who has ever used FCP X seriously will confirm that the work gets done much faster than in FCP7. If it's fast enough for the world's biggest television stations and for editing the latest Warner Bros blockbuster I think it's reasonable to say there's nothing really wrong with the application. I haven't even opened FCP7 anymore since two years now. So I think it would be good for you to follow some basic training to improve your workflow.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: Compressor hung up 'successfully'. (October 06, 2014 05:47AM) Trig Simon
Hi Ronny,

I am for sure going to stick with it and am sure it will all work, once I learn it all. But, the problem I have is finding answers to questions along the way. I read the 'Help' documents, and it seems they assume you already know things that you have to have to complete the next step.

For instance, when I read about sharing to DVD, it doesn't go on to tell you how to create your menu or where the destination is. I am sure it is in there somewhere but it seems like I am bouncing around trying to make sense of it all.

With this compressor issue, the .m2v did show up the next morning as complete and was able to do the first disc. But, compressing the second act to .m2v does a similar thing...it successfully completes the .ac3 and .m2v, but says "Waiting for Create Disc to finish". That progress bar shows about 95% complete, but has been at that point for 6 hours. So, I have no idea when it will be done, or if it is waiting for me to do something. I don't know why it is trying to create a disc. I only need the m2v file to go to DVDSP on my older MacPro.

I tried opening the .m2v file; it is there, but of course it doesn't play.
So, now lets see what Lynda.com has to say. Some of their stuff is out of date though.

Thanks for your patience with me, and sharring your knowledge an experienc.

Trig

Re: Compressor hung up 'successfully'. (October 06, 2014 11:37AM) Trig Simon
Ronny, though the compressor is at 7 hours and still running to finish, I copied the .mv2 and .ac3 files over to my old MacPro, and brought it into DVDSP. And it works. Hope all the required info is there. It brought in the 47 markers, and I do have a .mov I can compress v4.0. but, maybe by tomorrow morning it will be done.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login