Re: FCP7 compatible with Maverick?

FCP7 compatible with Maverick? (October 05, 2014 06:01AM) Don
In desperation I loaded Final cut studio 7 onto my MacBookPro (i7 2.5ghz, 16Gb ram etc). At first all seemed well but when I attempted to drag a dissolve onto the timeline sequence it was not possible. I can't grab and drag any effect. Also, most clips, png stills etc must be opened in the viewer and then dragged to the timeline. Can't do it directly. Anybody have any insights?

Thanks
Re: FCP7 compatible with Maverick? (October 06, 2014 10:26AM) Joe Redifer
I haven't had any of those issues with FCP7 and Mavericks. It works as normal for me except the audio which needs to be rendered a lot. FCP7 is stupid with audio. It also has lots of screen-tearing/v-sync issues when playing video in the viewer/canvas (does not affect the quality of the final exported product).

Also, how did you install FCP7 on Mavericks? I had to just upgrade my old 10.6.8 system to get it on there since Mvs will absolutely not run Rosetta apps no how no way (unless I am wrong?)

Re: FCP7 compatible with Maverick? (October 06, 2014 10:38AM) JavaPop
I'm running FCP7 on a similar setup with no problems, I have found often issues with images being too large or footage not matching timeline. That doesn't however sound like your issue.

Have you tried converting your files to ProRes?

-another fine day at
GreenPeas Productions
www.greenpeas.us
<")))))><
Re: FCP7 compatible with Maverick? (October 22, 2014 04:16AM) Don
Installed from the original discs. My product is an "upgrade" so I had to use the original serial number. No issues installing. I also have the audio rendering issue.
Re: FCP7 compatible with Maverick? (October 22, 2014 05:01AM) Don
Installed from the original discs. My product is an "upgrade" so I had to use the original serial number. No issues installing. Just lack of functions. I also have the audio rendering issue.
Re: FCP7 compatible with Maverick? (October 07, 2014 03:50AM) VidGreg
Re: FCP7 compatible with Maverick? (October 07, 2014 10:03AM) Joe Redifer
Interesting info Greg, thanks!
Re: FCP7 compatible with Maverick? (October 22, 2014 05:19AM) Don
Greg
I have been using a 27" Imac with FCS 7 successfully for years.
( Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac11,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.8 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 8 MB
Memory: 8 GB
Processor Interconnect Speed: 4.8 GT/s
Boot ROM Version: IM111.0034.B02
SMC Version (system): 1.54f36)

Recently it started acting up. Latest project involved 60i DVCPRO 50 SD files transferred from P2 cards to an external 2TB drive. Once placed on the timeline FCP would stall every time I made a move. I installed FCS7 on my new MacBook Pro (i7, 2.5GHx, 16 Gb etc) running Maverick directly from the install discs. Installer asked for a serial number. Input that and install was "successful". Attached the external drive, imported the files and was able to cut but could not apply transitions or drag directly from bins to the timeline.
Wondering if I should wipe the startup drive, and reinstall system and apps. I have Mountain Lion but am curious as to whether Maverick or Yosemite would work on this iMac.

I kept it at 10.6.8 because it worked and didn't want to chance messing it up. Not that that matters now.
Thanks.
Don
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login