Re: Error importing .mov file into FCPX

Error importing .mov file into FCPX (October 15, 2014 10:56AM) Trig Simon
Re: Error importing .mov file into FCPX (October 15, 2014 07:32PM) ronny courtens
Hi Trig,

I have checked that older post you had written. Yes, AVCHD card folders appear differently than before. And there is a reason for this. People used to copy only parts of the AVCHD card structure over to their HDD, making it impossible for FCP X to import the files. Now AVCHD folder structures are put inside a single closed container. That's the "AVCHD" icon you can see in the screenshots you posted. If you R-click the icon and you choose "show package contents" you will see exactly the same folders and files as you see in the other screenshots. Putting the folder structure inside one single container makes it more difficult for people to drag files or folders out of their native structure.

I don't know what is causing the error you are seeing. Maybe it has something to do with copying the older folders to the new MacPro, I don't know. But you should replace any offline clips with the new .movs you have created before continuing the edit, just to make sure you are editing with correct media that don't reference any external camera folders. I just finished a spot with AVCHD footage from an FS700 and everything imported perfectly. I don't think you will have any issues when trying to import new AVCHD footage on the new MacPro.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: Error importing .mov file into FCPX (October 16, 2014 12:47AM) Trig Simon
Re: Error importing .mov file into FCPX (October 16, 2014 03:56AM) ronny courtens
Hi Trig,

As long as you have the entire card structure you really should have no trouble importing AVCHD files in FCP X. Some cameras from Canon or Sony can have very specific card structures and they require to have a plugin installed for FCP X to recognize the structure. These plugins are free from the manufacturer's websites, you absolutely need to make sure you always run the latest versions of the import plugins.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login