Sound Out of Sync on Export - FCP 7.0

Sound Out of Sync on Export - FCP 7.0 (October 21, 2014 11:57AM) zzzvariety
Hi,

I'm having trouble with an export. For some reason, the shooter gave me mp4 to edit with on this timeline.

I dragged it into Final Cut bin, and then into a sequence. Final Cut asked me if I wanted to change the settings of the timeline to match the clip. I said yes, and of course it was immediately redlined. It required about 10 minutes of rendering per one minute of clip, so my two hour project took forever.

Anyway, i've done some very minor edits to it. I exported a 10 minute clip, and it turned out to be okay. I exported another that occurs later in the timeline, and of course the audio is no longer synced, it's off by about a second or two. On the timeline itself, it plays fine.

When I do a shorter test clip of the 10 minute movie, it's pretty much fine, albeit a bit choppy, but that could be my computer.

Is this a corrupt render file issue? I would hate to have to re-render the thing again.

i'm editing on 10.6.8 operating system with a 17's laptop eight gigs of memory Intel core two dual processor 2.8 GHz

please don't tell me my computer is old. I know this. I also know that they don't make 17 inch ones anymore nor Matte screen, two things I find pretty much essential, to be able to see what I'm doing while editing.

Thanks for your help!

the first file is the exported clip
the second file describes the original clip as received from my editor. it was shot HDV, imported as SD quality somehow to Powerdirector
Re: Sound Out of Sync on Export - FCP 7.0 (October 21, 2014 12:32PM) zzzvariety
Update: I exported another clip at the end of the timeline -- from the 43 to th 53 mark, and it is completely out of sync from start to finish. I then just exported a segment -- 30 seconds -- and it works fine again.

After I restared Final Cut, I tried to rexport the previous problem clip -- where it slowly went out of sync -- but got the same results.

Timeline settings Attached

Re: Sound Out of Sync on Export - FCP 7.0 (October 21, 2014 12:50PM) zzzvariety
Now, when I copy and paste these two trouble areas into a new sequence that have the attached settings by default when I drag it over, it says it'll take 7 hours to render -- for 27 minutes of footage. Kill me now.
Re: Sound Out of Sync on Export - FCP 7.0 (October 23, 2014 12:26PM) zzzvariety
Hello?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login