Re: FCPX won't inport .mov

FCPX won't inport .mov (October 23, 2014 09:53AM) Trig Simon
Re: FCPX won't inport .mov (October 23, 2014 07:53PM) ronny courtens
Hi Trig,

So you have one video file on your timeline under the opening title that shows 'missing'. When you re-import the file does the clip only shows 'missing' in the timeline or does it also show offline in the clip browser ? If it is okay in the clip browser you can replace the bad clip on the timeline with the good clip.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: FCPX won't inport .mov (October 23, 2014 10:37PM) Trig Simon
Ronny, it show as missing in the browser. Three other clips from the same AVCHD camera show up ok, and this one originally showed ok when I first edited it.

The strange thing is, I made a movie of the 1 minute clip over my old MacPro from the AVCHD card, brought it over to the new MacPro, and when I bring it into the browser, it automatically replaces the original clip that has been deleted from the browser. And it shows up as missing.

I ended up opening a new project, bringing it in, then copying the opening from the old timeline into the new, creating a new opener. Took it over to FCP7 and fixed it.

So, the project is done.

I do believe it was all due to my lack of understanding the file structure when I originally built the project. Learning as we go.

Thanks, Trig
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login