Re: Exporting Long Clip for Youtube

Exporting Long Clip for Youtube (October 28, 2014 07:14AM) Annie
Hi Everyone,
I havent asked a question here in while but I have found myself in a dilemma so Im reaching out to see if anyone can help me. I created several long progams in FCP (60 -90 minutes), HDV 1080i 60 and have to export to be used on youtube. The frame size is 1440 x 1080. How do you reccomend I convert the files? Ive been trying the direct export using QT conversion to MPEG-4, Broadband Medium, 640 x480, letterbox but it comes out stretched and the quality isnt that great. If I select Broadband high then the file is too big. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thank you,
Annie

Re: Exporting Long Clip for Youtube (October 29, 2014 04:51AM) joelhall
Re: Exporting Long Clip for Youtube (October 29, 2014 09:44PM) Trig Simon
Annie, did you give YouTube time to finish converting to HD before you judged the quality? Initially, it will be low res, so it gets posted sooner, but check back in an hour and HD should appear. Open the gear icon, and it will tell you where it is. This doesn't affect the aspect ratio, but the quality.

Also, if you are doing this professionally, for a client, I would recommend using Vimeo. It has less clutter, no ads and no links to other recommended video popping up at the end. Often times you will post a video for a client, and a competitor's video will be recommended at the end. Vimeo, though cost money, looks more professional than YouTube.

Trig
Re: Exporting Long Clip for Youtube (October 31, 2014 08:27AM) Joe Redifer
Ads are enabled by the user so a Youtube video won't have ads unless you enable them or have something in the video that rubs YT's copyright sensing the wrong way. You can also turn off recommended videos at the end by unchecking a simple box. But we all know the competitor's product is better anyway. :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login