Re: 8 point garbage matte or eyedropper color key in FCP X?

8 point garbage matte or eyedropper color key in FCP X? (October 28, 2014 07:58AM) philsfilm
Hi Ken,

Using FCP X, is there a way that I can create either a keyframeable traveling matte or a good key to suppress or cleanup the black area under the black plastic curtain in sky behind the man's head in the attached pics. I have already applied a key to the curtain which was shot as green screen and keys nicely. There is also a key on the man scene which gets rid of mass of the sky. Does FCP X have something like the 8 point garbage matte in FCP 7 or a color key with an eyedropper? Or should this be done in Motion?

Thanks,
Phil
Re: 8 point garbage matte or eyedropper color key in FCP X? (October 28, 2014 10:00AM) ronny courtens
Re: 8 point garbage matte or eyedropper color key in FCP X? (October 28, 2014 10:24AM) philsfilm
I've seen Mocha demo'ed. It's fantastic. In the meantime, I'll try the Alex4D garbage matte.

Thanks, again, Ronny.

Phil
Re: 8 point garbage matte or eyedropper color key in FCP X? (October 28, 2014 08:14PM) ronny courtens
Yep, you are really getting familiar with the tools inside FCP X.

Happy editing!

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: 8 point garbage matte or eyedropper color key in FCP X? (October 28, 2014 11:34AM) philsfilm
Hey Ronny,

Here's a frame just using the Sample Color key on the sky behind the man's head. Not too bad for starters.

Phil
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login