Re: FCPX Editing advice

FCPX Editing advice (November 01, 2014 11:56PM) game-b
I need two advices for my documentary editing:

- I would like to have another person working on the same Project on another computer meanwhile I keep on doing other stuff on a different project. Its about 1 specific Project, inside a Library (the whole film) of multiple Events (the different parts of the film). How would I do this? How would I pass the specific Project from the main computer onto the other computer, then work on it, and then bring it back to the main computer and keep on working on it?

- Is it possible to reduce the frequency of automatic backups that FCPX makes? Instead of every 15 min do it once an hour? I am editing with a very bad internet connection in the tropics and 15min is not even enough to upload the backup to the cloud (I use spider oak encrypted instead of dropbox, works like a charm).

Thanks a lot for helping. Cheers.
Re: FCPX Editing advice (November 02, 2014 07:52PM) ronny courtens
You can collaborate on a Project with another editor in different ways, it all depends on how you have made your Library. So we would need to know:

- Is this a fully managed Library or is the Library linked to external media?
- If the media are external, are they on an external drive?

When you have a really bad internet connection it is not a good idea to save your automatic backups to the cloud. You would be much safer if you had a USB stick connected to your computer and you set the USB as the destination for your backups.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: FCPX Editing advice (November 03, 2014 01:42AM) game-b
Hi Ronny,

yes, my library is linked to media on an external hard drive. But I have an exact copy of that external hard drive, so for this it would not be a problem to work on the other computer.

Best regards
Re: FCPX Editing advice (November 03, 2014 06:33AM) ronny courtens
Re: FCPX Editing advice (November 03, 2014 06:42AM) game-b
Thanks so much again Ronny for your always very fast and helpful advices. Cheers
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login