Using the Title tab in the Inspector to animate titles without using keyframes.

Using the Title tab in the Inspector to animate titles without using keyframes. (November 07, 2014 03:05AM) philsfilm
Hi Ken,

On a scene that ran 4:04 seconds, I set the Out Tracking to 100%. The letters in the title spread appropriately and smoothly at the end of the scene. However, on a shorter clip (3:04), the letters
jumped abruptly from the original positions to the opened-up position. I even tried key framing the tracking and got still no better results. Is this because the clip was a second shorter forcing the tracking to react faster. I even tried the "Decelerate" feature to no avail. Plus, I trashed Preferences to correct any weird FCP X behavior.
Finally, I gave up, set all the Out features (Scale, Tracking, Opacity) to the Default settings and, for some strange reason, got horizontally revolving letters at the end of the clip. A nice effect, but not one that I asked for.

Is this some kind of a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Phil
Re: Using the Title tab in the Inspector to animate titles without using keyframes. (November 07, 2014 08:19PM) ronny courtens
Phil,

Are you using a title template that has automatic Start and End animations? Which title template are you using for your title?

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: Using the Title tab in the Inspector to animate titles without using keyframes. (November 07, 2014 10:52PM) philsfilm
Ronny,

I'm using LOOPJUICE in both cases. I don't see any automatic Start and End animation settings.
Attached is the one that does work properly with the end settings showing in the Inspector Title tab.

Thanks,
Phil
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login