Re: Cannot Delete Compound Clip in FCP X

Cannot Delete Compound Clip in FCP X (November 08, 2014 03:24AM) philsfilm
Hi Ken,

Is there a way to delete a compound clip? Everytime I try to move it to the trash, I get a message saying that it can't be done because it's in use. When I highlight it by hitting Command-A and hit delete, it deletes the original clips in the project it was made from.

Thanks,
Phil
Re: Cannot Delete Compound Clip in FCP X (November 08, 2014 03:47AM) ronny courtens
If you are using a compound clip or a part of a compound clip in a timeline FCP X will not allow you to delete this compound clip from the Clip Browser, otherwise you would mess up your edit.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: Cannot Delete Compound Clip in FCP X (November 09, 2014 09:18AM) philsfilm
It exists as a separate timeline, not a part of the primary timeline.
Re: Cannot Delete Compound Clip in FCP X (November 09, 2014 09:09PM) ronny courtens
If the compound clip has been created from original clips in a project, it is in use in that project and you won't be able to delete it (see screenshot 1).

But when you go to the project where the compound clip has been created and you break apart the compound clip there (select the compound clip in the project and press SHIFT+CMD+G), you will be able to delete the compound clip (see screenshot 2).

Best wishes,

Ronny
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login